Rangitoto Lighthouse (also called Rangitoto Beacon) is a lighthouse off the coast in McKenzie Bay, in Auckland’s Hauraki Gulf.
The lighthouse was built in 1882. In 1905 a light was added for nighttime visibility.
Although not classed officially as a lighthouse by the New Zealand MSA, it does currently flash red every 12 seconds (also known as its character) and can be seen clearly from the southernmost of North Harbour’s East Coast Bays.
The beacon is red and white in colour, stands at 21 metres tall, and continues to run through solar power. The height of the focal plane is 69 ft or 21 m